Monday 18 January 2010

EVO Sessions - Week 1

Reconstructed trench – Vimy Ridge

This is Natasa Bozic Grojic, reporting for you from the trenches of this year's EVO. In order to be able to inform you better, I am attending 4 (yes, four) EVO sessions. Yes, I am crazy. If you still believe I am a sane person, look at my last year's post Multitasking.

I have got a lot of homework and really shouldn't be here at all. So, just a brief tour through Week 1 in the 4 (yes, four) sessions I am attending.

BaW is as hectic and as exciting as ever. I don't participate much these days, but I do love the friendliness and the excitement and the positive energy. The BaW Yahoo Group is like a room full of people all talking at the same time. During Week 1 the participants have signed in and edited the wiki (ah, that dreaded wiki! Everyone who has managed to post their picture and edit their data there has already graduated as a Webhead - all the other tasks are much easier).

In Images4Education you introduce yourself by posting the photo of the view from your window. Since they are working on the playground in front of my building and everything is muddy and not very pleasing to the eye, I thought I would cheat by posting last year's photo. I couldn't fool Carla Arena. She insisted that I should "look through the lens and find a new angle". So, I did. I looked into my room from the outside and here is the result:

A view into my room

It is good that we learnt about Picnik at DMPT, which is what gave me the idea for this photo. DMPT is really interesting, lots of great links and resources. Apart from Picnik, we learnt about other image editing tools, such as Fun Photo Box, Image Chef, PhotoShop Express, Photo505 and Photofunia.

Finally, in EVO Video we have been introduced to some incredibly cool resources, such as English Meeting, JenniferESL, The Daily English Show and Real English.

Finally, to show you just how cool these resources are, I will share with you Jennifer's New Year's Resolutions:




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...